The Ossining Village Board of Trustees continues to move forward with a plan for the construction of a
roundabout at the Historic Five Corners (Spring and Main) in Downtown Ossining. The VBOT has authorized a $500,000 taxpayer-funded bond and has asked for bids on the project with work to begin in June 2017.
Village plans have been met with objections from the Historic Preservation Commission, the Greater Ossining Chamber of Commerce, and thousands of residents and business owners. The Village has failed to prove the case of the roundabout’s necessity and has continued to ignore:
- The Village Comprehensive Plan
- Local Business Development
- Pedestrian Walkability Due Process (Continued avoidance of an Environmental Impact Study)
- The Character of Ossining Historic District
- Destruction of Market Square & Prime Property
- The petition signed by 2700 concerned citizens asking for a referendum on this issue!
The only path to STOP the Village is to take Legal Action and File an Article 78 Lawsuit
- Click on the link “Save Ossining Historic 5 Corners” which will direct you to the Go Fund Me – Legal Fund site
- Contact Greater Ossining Chamber of Commerce office at email@example.com -or-
We are asking all concerned Ossining residents and business owners to contribute $10, $20, $50 or more for our legal action with the Village. We believe that if all 2700 petition signers contribute just $10, we will have the needed funds for the Article 78 lawsuit. Estimated legal cost will be approximately $10,000 to $30,000 and we must be prepared!
DON’T be Ignored…TAKE ACTION NOW!!
We will need…
- Downtown business, property owners, and residents to place their name as plaintiff’s on the Article 78 lawsuit to be filed with the court
- Ossining residents (Village & Town), business and property owners, and other concerned citizens to help in our fundraising campaign
- Remember to visit “Save the Ossining Historic 5 Corners” legal fund Go Fund Me page
2 Church Street, Suite 205 – Ossining
No comments yet.